About Dan Millman
Dan Millman is a former world champion athlete, university coach, martial arts instructor, and college professor.
After an intensive, twenty-year spiritual quest, Dan’s teaching found its form as the Peaceful Warrior’s Way. His work continues to evolve over time to meet the needs of a changing world.
Dan’s eighteen books, including Way of the Peaceful Warrior, have inspired and informed millions of readers in 29 languages worldwide. The feature film “Peaceful Warrior” was adapted from Dan’s first book, based upon incidents from his life.
Much of Dan’s time is devoted to speaking. His keynotes, seminars, and workshops span the generations to influence men and women from all walks of life.
Dan and his wife Joy live in Brooklyn, NY. They have three grown daughters and five grandchildren.
Dan Millman Books: Selective Timeline
- 1980 Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives
- 1990 Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior
- 1991 Secret of the Peaceful Warrior (for children, illustrated by Taylor Bruce)
- 1992 No Ordinary Moments: A Peaceful Warrior’s Guide to Daily Life
- 1993 Quest for the Crystal Castle (for children, illustrated by Taylor Bruce)
- 1994 The Life You Were Born to Live: A Guide to Finding Your Life Purpose
- 1995 The Laws of Spirit: A Tale of Transformation
- 1998 Everyday Enlightenment: The Twelve Gateways to Personal Growth
- 1999 Living on Purpose: Straight Answers to Life’s Tough Questions
- 2006 The Journeys of Socrates
- 2007 Wisdom of the Peaceful Warrior: A Companion to the Book that Changes Lives
- 2010 Peaceful Warrior: The Graphic Novel (illustrated by Andrew Winegarner)
- 2011 The Four Purposes of Life: Finding Meaning and Direction in a Changing World
- 2013 The Creative Compass: Writing Your Way from Inspiration to Publication (with co-author Sierra Prasada)
- 2017 The Hidden School